Oregon Arts Watch
…a concert that dared actually feature composers from our own place and time qualifies as a momentous event. Which isn’t to disparage the remarkable efforts of one of the state’s most valuable performing arts ensembles, FearNoMusic — in fact, it shows just how critical they are to Portland’s artistic vitality.
…it would be hard to top a concert by a group that lives to its name — FearNoMusic… one of the most unusual programs of the year…
…eclectic, intelligent taste in programming and a catchy way with a title.
FearNoMusic…play with a felicitous combination of easy rapport and tight ensemble.
…extraordinary intensity. The performance was fascinating.
Their whole concert showed a playfulness and unpretentiousness, coupled with a passionate commitment to the music, of whatever style, on their program.
…never expect fearNoMusic’s programming to be doctrinaire.
…they provide a refuge from conventional rules and a chance to listen with a fresh and youthful ear.
One of the Best Concerts of the Year… Modernism isn’t supposed to be this much fun.
Tacoma News Tribune
…music performed with energy, intelligence and technical polish… music the performers cared about…
Exploring and performing great music of the 20th and 21st centuries,
and promoting education and advancement of young composers.
Young Composers Project
Fear No Music is dedicated to developing the next generation of creative musical minds, and the Young Composers Project provides an unparalleled opportunity for aspiring composers in 6th through 12th grade. For more information, visit the YCP site.
Board of Directors
- Monica Ohuchi, Executive Director
- Kenji Bunch, Artistic Director
- Ryan Francis, President of the Board
- Bob Kingston, Vice President of the Board
- Michael Burles, Chief Information Officer
- Umi Hashitsume Francis, Interim Treasurer
- Jeff Payne, Secretary
- Daphne Plaut, Board Member
- Joel Bluestone, Board Member
- Isaac Schild, Board Member
- Kevin Lefohn, Board Advisor
- Amy I Productions, website design
- Isabel Cattadoris, programs and graphic design
- Emily Overstreet, graphic design
- Jack Gabel, audio/video recording
- Kevin Lefohn, Advisory Director
- Candace Bouchard, Public Relations
- David Hoerz, audio/video recording
- P-Town Prints, printing